Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rebirth of an Online Journal?

I've been reading through a few of my posts (again) over at LiveJournal.com. Damn, I haven't been on that site in a long time. I like to revisit every once in a while, to remind myself of what my life used to be like. A lot has changed since that last post there, made 4/22/06. That was the last post I made before permanently switching over to Blogger.

Reading through the entries, I noticed something. I was kind of depressed for a lot of those posts (though, not that that's not a trait of some of my posts here), but I've mentioned that somewhere here before. But I noticed something new today. The posts I made over at LiveJournal were so much freer than these. Maybe it's because I'm older. Maybe it's because I realized that people can actually read these. Maybe it's for a hundred reasons, but you know what? I kind of miss it.

I've been trying to do that again here, trying to use this regularly as an online journal like I did at LJ. There, I would post about anything, but here, not so much. Am I afraid of my "image" or something? Nah, I don't think so. I mean, I posted a lot of content here that is the same as what I would have posted there, except that I don't often name names here, haha. Yeah, remember that post about song headaches, back, oh gosh, like 2 years ago? Yeah, that song I was referring to is actually a person. Can you dig my metaphor? haha.

But see, I haven't written anything like that for, well, probably two years or so. Every once in a while, I'll come out with a substantial post, but I'm not free anymore. To hell with being judged. I want to try to post freely here again. Who cares that I'm 23 and angsty? I am Generation Y. That's who we are. So be it.

Alright. I make this promise almost every post, but I want to try to post here more often. I'm going to try to use it as a journal again, albeit a very public journal because I don't necessarily want it to be private. I'm weird about stuff like that. So mundane details, here I come.

Hope y'all don't mind too much :)

christinA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! ~Amy