Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Warriors

I think it's funny that I don't ever update this thing over the weekend, you know, when I actually have time to be buggering off. That's right I said "buggering." Instead, I do it while I'm at work, in my little moments of downtime. Which is good because it's a way to pass the time while I'm waiting for people to answer my questions. *sigh*

I decided recently (again), that I want to be famous. I want to walk down the street and get stopped by someone with wide eyes and stuttering speech: "Hey, aren't you...?" That'd be pretty sweet. Problem is, I haven't figured out what I'm going to be famous for. I guess I have a lot of things to ponder.

Meanwhile, here's something that I just reminded myself of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuysqDjhzE Whew! For a second there, I thought someone was going to be reading our eugoogally. (P.S. - the blond guy cracks me up).

Anyway, this weekend was my friend's birthday, so we went out to Hoboken. We went to this little joint called Bahama Mama's, which I thought was a bar, but ended up being more of a club. At least, they played club music. There's a place down the street called the Whiskey Bar that sometimes has live music, and mostly plays rock. That's a bar. What we went to, with the dance beats and Michael Jackson medley, was a club. That's usually not my scene, but Friday, I had fun. Like a lot of fun. 3 shots worth of fun, haha. And we danced a little. Or at least, I did my version of dancing. A creepy guy scoped me out, and another creepy guy tried to dance with me. I didn't see him as he chose to go for a surprise, rear attack. But I can just imagine my face when I felt those hands on my hips. Yikes. Luckily my other friend saved me. We had to do a lot of that: dancing with each other and pulling each other away from creepy guys. It's one thing to get hit on, it's an entirely different banana to be hit on by creepy men. *shudder*. But it was fun, haha

On Saturday, I went to the city. We went in for a little light stalking, but our object of affection was not to be found. Not that we looked real hard, but whatever. He wasn't in the one spot we looked (though neither of us actually had evidence that he would be there, haha). So instead, we went to Barnes & Noble, where I bought this really hilarious book. I haven't bought a book in a while, so I figured I was justified in spending the $13.99. It's called Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane. It's really funny and snarky. I can identify with both of the main characters (1 guy, 1 girl), and they are just so sarcastic and fun. I haven't gotten to read much, but so far the gist is: Girl loses her dream job and has to get a job at a restaurant with snooty clientele. Boy breaks up with his girlfriend and has to find a new apartment. The apartment he finds is right next to Girl's. They annoy each other, and yet they seem to keep coming back for more. Girl is twenty-five, cynical and sarcastic. Boy is a earlier-thirty-something schemer, not quite ready (or willing) to grow up. Hilarity ensues.

As far as I can guess this will be one of those Boy meets Girl, Boy and girl annoy each other, but probably something about them will inspire each other kind of things, haha. No word yet on if they live happily ever after. I'll have to get back to you on that. But I'm excited to read. You should check it out!

back later for more (probably),

christinA

P.S. - I was just spellchecking this, and blogger suggested Heineken for Hoboken, haha. I found that amusing.

No comments: