Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Unofficial Reading Day

You know what I love, but I feel like I haven't really been able to do in years? Just read. Just spend an entire day reading. I did that on Saturday, and it was AMAZING.

Now, to be fair, I was able to accomplish this feat a few times last summer, but I was also unemployed then, so I kind of felt like I was cheating, doing something I shouldn't have been doing. Having fun when I should have been looking for a job. But now, since I have a job, the prospect of spending an entire day reading was beyond ecstasy. I woke up at about 10:30 a.m. and started reading. I read all the way to noon, then started laundry. I read off and on as I waiting for my clothes to finish getting clean, and briefly ate lunch. But then I just kept on reading. I stopped reading at 8:00 so I could go have dinner with my friend, but my God, that was a blissful day.

I was reading book 4 of the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series (you know, I'm not actually sure what the official name of the series is, haha). I could not put it down. I started it at like 2am Saturday morning, but forced myself to go to bed at 3. Then just read and read and read when I woke up. It's so freaking entertaining! For those of you who don't know, these books are about Louisiana barmaid Sookie Stackhouse. In her world, vampires are now "out of the closet" and most of them are trying to become members of mainstream society. Sookie meets one of them, Bill, and they start dating, and falling in love, and having mad passionate sex. You know, the usual, haha. Then then, trouble arises for our fair barmaiden. In every book. Of course. But they really suck you in (no pun intended). Book 4 REALLY sucked me in, and I kind of fell in love with the bad boy vampire. There's so much drama, but it's so much fun (and raunchy!). I can't wait to read more!!!

In other news: This is the most adorable blog I have ever seen. http://www.mymilktoof.blogspot.com/

I want a milk toof!

christinA

No comments: