Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Let Them Eat Cate, and Other Vaguely Amusing Typos

I don't know what's gotten into me today, but I've had the giggles like no other. Maybe it's all the sugar. A few people in my office decided that today would be "Let Them Eat Cake" day, which consisted of a handful of people making baked goodies that the rest of us freeloaders got to sample. I had a little chocolate brownie and a chocolate cupcake with homemade icing. In hindsight, this was not such a great idea.

First of all, added to my soda, I think I have enough sugar to last me the rest of the day. Said sugar has done very interesting and fun things to my nervous system. Though, admittedly, they are not Work-Safe. Up there, in the first paragraph, I mentioned my giggles. As I was explaining about "Let Them Eat Cake" day, I originally typoed, "Let Them Eat Cate." I had to stifle the giggle that would have betrayed me. Just 4 minutes ago, while attempting to post this entry, I googled "blooger" instead of "blogger." Stifle again. Luckily Google knew what I wanted. And the whole thing that started this? I was tweeting (www.twitter.com/clrumbaugh) about how I had just scratched my lip and it hurt like hell. Thankfully I caught it, but I originally typoed, "I just scratched my life." That was the worst offender of all.

I'm sure none of this is funny to you right now, but just thought I'd share (in the nature of an online journal).

In other news: I'm planning a work of fiction for the near future. I'll fill you in on the details once I have enough to share. Stay tuned...

christinA

No comments: