Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Public groping? Yeah, sure, why not?

Alright, so I'm going to be upfront. I joined this dating site called OkCupid earlier this week. It's pretty fun. It doesn't have any of the stipulations like paying, and it's not at all snobby like eHarmony. This site specifically says that it gives you a "compatibility" score, but that you are the only one who can really figure that out for sure.

They also have a really great sense of humor over there. While filling out some personality quiz or something, one of the questions said "If you have STDs, go here." The word "here" was a link that took you to Match.com. There are also all sorts of surveys and quizzes and stuff to help you judge who you're compatible with.

And it was while answering some of these questions that I stumbled upon this question:

"If the subway was crowded and you were packed against several people just to fit in the car, would you grope the cutest one next to you?... they would never know it was you, much less that they were groped."

Then you had to choose Yes, No, or I Don't Know. Then you have to choose what your "ideal match" would answer and how important that is. But, really, that's a question that can influence who I'm compatible with?

That's awesome!

I sat and thought about it for a second. Then I determined, that yes, I would totally do it. I've always wanted to goose someone, so why not on a crowded subway train when no one could tell either way? But then again, if they were cute, I might want them to know they were actually groped. And if they showed any sign of possibly being interested in me, then I'd want them to know it was me.

So that question is kind of loaded then, I guess. Haha. Either way, I'd totally do it.

And yes, I said that my ideal match would do it as well. How important is it that they answer it that way? Somewhat, haha.

So I guess if I groped and was groped simultaneously? Damn. A match made in naughty heaven.

Not that I like being groped in public by random people or make a habit of groping strangers, but it could be fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, meet anybody cool yet? Or anybody weird? When Sarah Tonkin and I made a fake profile for Yahoo dating, we got a reply from a guy who sent a picture of himself wearing a pair of overalls and holding a baby and a rifle, a very old man who claimed to be an oral sex god, and a nice bald guy who I saw at my bank about a year later. I hope the bald one found happiness. :-(
~Amy