Pages

Friday, November 11, 2005

Thursday = Movie Night

Since I get paid on Thursdays and since Blockbuster is near the bank, I've been renting and watching movies these past couple Thursdays. Like last Thursday was Deliverance. Well, this past Thursday, though I didn't get paid, I made a trek down to Blockbuster because Deliverance was due, and I figured I might as well rent a new movie while I'm there. So I walked along the new releases wall and found The Machinist. Let me just say that this is an awesome movie. It reminded me a little of Fight Club, but it definitely was a different story. And because they're different stories, I can't tell which was better, but The Machinist has definitely made it's way onto my "Favorite Movies" list. I think I'm going to watch it again today when I get off of work. That's how good it was (plus, it's that kind of movie that you have to watch more than once to totally follow... I have my questions...haha).

To sum it up: it was about this guy named Trevor Reznik (Christian Bale, American Psycho, Empire of the Sun, Batman Begins). He hasn't slept in a year. He can't sleep, try as he may. Everyone he talks to asks him if he's alright; his physical health has obviously deteriorated. And then it just gets worse for poor ol' Trevor when there's an accident at the factory where he works. It's caused by a co-worker only he can see. Now you know his mental health is deteriorating too. And then, to top it all off, cryptic notes start appearing in his apartment, questioning him, taunting him. Now he has to figure out if there's an elaborate plan to drive him crazy or if his fatigue is finally getting to him.

It really is an excellent movie if you like psychological thrillers/horrors. Plus you get to see a really hot guy.... emaciated to the point that you start to question your mental health because he looks terrible, but he's still incredibly hot (well, his face anyway...).

Anyway, I highly recommend that you check it out if you liked Fight Club, or Memento, or any other movie like those.

No comments: