Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

I am thankful for my headcold

Welp, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thankgiving. Mine wasn't bad at all. I got to spend time with family who I haven't seen in years. It was pretty fun. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think I'm allergic to animals because now I have a terrible cold, and no one else in the house was sick. But there were 3 cats and 2 dogs. And the dogs kinda smelled bad. So there's that. Now I can't hear very well, my nose is stuffed, and I can't talk very well because my cold seems to be restricting the movement of my vocal cords. But all is well, I suppose. I only have 2 more weeks of classes, then a week of finals, and then I get to go home to my beloved Charlotte. Ah, Charlotte, how I have missed you and all your characters. But that's another topic for another day. Right now I'm going to share with you one of the adventures I had over the break.

On Saturday, my cousins Danielle and Jason, and I went into NYC to meet our other cousin Nick (and his girlfriend) and hang out. While Nick went to meet his girlfriend at the trainstation, Danielle, Jason, and I went to Madame Toussaud's wax museum. It was highly entertaining. I got to meet a bunch of important famous people. I had an very hilarious and enthralling conversation with Woody Allen. And then George Clooney proposed to me at a lovely little table next to Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts. Then we made our way over to Usher, who made out with Danielle. I then got to meet Napoleon, Albert Einstein, and the Kennedys. Then later posed for a photo shoot with the Beatles. Then I addressed the public with Richard Nixon. Lastly, I got to chat with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane while Jason groped Jessica Simpson. It was all very exciting and fun.

After that we had a very interesting time walking around the East Village where we met this band from LA at a Starbucks. They're called The Hanks. The lead singer, Josh, let me listen to them on his CD player, and they were pretty good actually. Wouldn't mind owning that CD. Then Danielle told him he looked like Tobey Maguire... which he kinda did. Then as they were leaving, she asked him when Spiderman 3 was coming out, then proceeded to sing the Spiderman song. Loads of family fun. Haha.

On an entirely different note... I'm trying to do this photo scavenger hunt. I have a list of 26 things to photograph, and I think I only have about 11 or so... I have to get moving. I only have until December 1st. I'll post the results here when (if) I get them done. Until then...

No comments: