Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I need a song, stat!

You ever have those days when something just doesn't seem to fit correctly? I'm not talking about clothes or anything like that. I'm talking about things that you love, but for some reason, on any particular day, just don't seem to fit mentally.

Perhaps you are a little lost. I will explain: I listen to music everyday. I have it. It's almost a biological need... like food or water or shelter. I need it, in some form, to survive. Today, I especially needed it. No real reason in particular... it just felt like my brain needed it. This sounds weird, but that's what it feels like.

However, my dilemma is that no matter what music I tried, nothing seemed to fit. Nothing satiated my desire for musical sounds and rhythms. I scrolled through all the music on my iPod, desperately trying different things, hoping one of them would stick. Coldplay. Damien Rice. Dead or Alive. Death Cab for Cutie. Duncan Sheik. Elton John. Genesis. Jane's Addiction. Madness. Mazzy Star. Modest Mouse. New Order. Ok Go. I tried them all. Even Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" gave me no relief. I thought Plain White T's "Hey There, Delilah" was going to work, but it didn't.

My God, what was I going to do?? Then, for shits and giggled, I put on a song I don't listen to often. It's a fun song, and I enjoy it... I just don't typically choose to listen to it that often. But of course, this is the song that finally worked. This is the song that finally released the anxiety and pressure building up in my head.

What was that song you ask?

You asked for it (I dare you not to smile):


What's wrong with me? Hahaha...

No comments: