Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Change is good...

Yeah, so I've decided to rename my blog. I don't feel like being angsty anymore. And my old title was seriously angsty. As is my url... which i should change by the way... i think i will...

i'm done. i'm tired of being bored. i'm tried of being bored with my life. I want some real adventure, dammit. I cannot wait until April 5th. I'm going to a seminar called "Covering the Music Scene." One of my favorite authors, Chuck Klosterman, is one of the speakers. Soooo excited. Seriously. I have no words. I can't even control myself. I am totally bringing one or all of his books that i own to try get him to sign them (I don't care how big a dork you think i am, Breanne. haha). I love Chuck Klosterman... well not in the sense that i'd want to marry him or have x number of his children, but oddly enough, I can relate to him. Even though he's 13 years older than I am, I can relate to him better than I can relate to some people my own age.

Is that weird? I don't think so. I seem to get along fairly will with that demographic.

But no, I love Chuck because, as corny as this sounds, he kind of gave me direction in life. I never knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, but after reading his book Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, I knew. Honestly, I'm still not totally positive, but because of that book, I have a pretty good idea. I recently finished reading another of his books called Killing Yourself to Live and it was probably one of the best books I've ever read. It's smart, funny, and is wonderfully quirky. It reads the way I think: slightly disjointed, occasionally losing the main idea, but always coming back to it eventually, usually with some new understanding of it. It's also extremely conversational, which I love. That's the way I write. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but he kind of helped me find my voice.

Now if only I could find an opportunity to use it....

In Music News: I'm still in love with Chris Whitley, though i think I need to find new material. I was recommended a couple more of his albums to check out, but I don't know how I'm going to do that seeing as I'm afraid to shop online (it's a complex really... it's sad), and I don't have quick access to a used (or otherwise) record store. If anyone has any of his albums that I could borrow, let me know. Thanks:)

2 comments:

Breanne Crawford said...

you mentioned me in your blog. and for that, you are rad.

cocoa puffs kick ass. they are rad, too.

i want to borrow that book. you better bring it to me on thursday. or you will no longer be rad.

the end.

ps: i don't know which book. just figure it out. if you read my mind, you will be -super- rad.

the -real- end.

Breanne Crawford said...

OH! PPS: You are sitting right next to me. And laughing at my comments as I read them outloud to you.

That is raddest of all.

(PPPS: Is that a real word?)

Peace out.