Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Procrastination: My Middle Name

While avoiding the 20 pages I have left to read for Media Law, I was surfing the internet, or more accurately, I was checking my email 15 times and compulsively checking away messages and profiles, and I stumbled upon blogger.com and I thought to myself "hey, I haven't updated in a long time. Let's go for it" because I talk to myself as if I'm another person... (and that was an extremely long sentence). Anyway, I was thinking about how the title of my blog is rather emo-y, and I'm not really that emo-y, so I should probably change it, but I have no idea what I'd change it to because my URL is the name of the journal (only now that's innacurrate because I changed one of the words, but whatever). Then I was thinking about changing the url, but I didn't know what that would do to my journal, so I guess I'm stuck with it, unless I decided to just make a new one, but I have more thoughts on that that I don't care to type because they're long. So instead of referring to myself in the third person, I opted for just the first person. So now I'm subdued in all my rage.

And I'm sure that was all extremely useful to all of you. I promise I'll post something more interesting later, but now I feel like rambling, because that's what i'm innately good at.

I have 20 more pages left for Media Law to read. I have until Thursday to read it. And it's not just reading, but I have to find two court cases to brief for that class. Not really hard, just tedious and immensely boring. I finally finished the forty pages of history reading that I had to do for this week. And the gajillion pages for Media Crit. But it's okay... don't worry about me getting bored. I'll get a crap load of more reading to do in no time. It never ends the reading. It has become the bane of my existence. I don't know if I've ever been more eager for the end of the semester. Except maybe senior year of high school. That was hell. But that's another story for another day (side note: there are people out in the hallway arguing with each other and generally being loud and annoying).

Also, my Chinese New Year's resolution is to be less of a recluse because this is what I was accused of being recently. I don't deny that fact. I admit it it. And since the first step is admitting you have a problem...

And In Music News: I have discovered James Blunt. I like him. Especially the song "Goodbye My Lover." The song "You're Beautiful" on the other hand is catchy, but contains a line that makes me cringe for reasons yet unknown: "she could tell from my face that I was fucking high." Does this bother anyone else? It seems... trite? Otherwise, the album "Back to Bedlam" is pretty good. I'd recommend it... I guess. But burn it, don't buy it.

No comments: