Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fiction Fest '09: An Update

I'm a little disappointed with myself. The whole work of fiction I was trying to plan? Yeah, haven't done anything else with that. Haven't done any more planning or plotting. In fact, I think I had kind of forgotten about it until I saw a book about Jeff Buckley at the bookstore Friday. I should really get back on that.

Or I should at least keep up with the other piece of fiction I've been working on for the past, probably, 6 or 7 years. That one isn't even halfway done. I really need to get on it! Especially if I'm ever going to get published, haha. I haven't written in so long, I know I'm going to have a hard time getting back into the narrative. But then, it's my story, my writing. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up quickly :). And maybe I'll drag my butt to the library for a healthy change of scenery. Maybe I can get something substantial done... like I used to. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

In other news: My car Paolo was starting to go. It was injury after injury. I was pouring more money into it than it was worth. Most recently, after shelling out $200 to change his transmission and cooling fluid, ol' Paolo decided to blow a hole through one of the pipes in the exhaust system. You know, after I spend nearly $300 giving him a new muffler. So there I was, AGAIN, puttering down the road. It was only a matter of time before the pipe rusted all the way through and fell off. It still hasn't, but who knows how big that 50 cent piece-sized hole is now.

So, I decided Paolo and I had a good run, but we had to go our separate ways. So now I have Lafayette (name subject to change upon discovery of a better one). He's a Nissan Sentra too, but he's only 4 years old as opposed to 18. He's a metallic gray-silver-gold combination. Very sexy. And he's got power everything. Windows, locks, mirror adjusters. Built in CD player and auxiliary jack. He's pretty awesome. I'm sure we'll become fast friends :).

No comments: