Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm famous! Not really. Maybe a little. No, probably not at all.

So, I don't know how I didn't realize that this was a blog-worthy development in my life until just now. Well, it's more of a moment than a development seeing as nothing has come of it except minimal bragging rights, haha. The story goes like this:

I think I've mentioned the website Television Without Pity before. It's kind of a database of show recaps. People get paid to write summaries of a bunch of shows. Not all shows on on there, but most of the big hitters like Lost, FlashForward, The Office, True Blood, Dexter, etc. are. You can even find recaps of some shows that are now defunct. In general, it's a pretty cool site. I am a frequent and avid reader of many of these recaps because they're snarky and insightful. These recappers notice things I don't, and as you may be aware, I notice a lot of ridiculous details.

Well, this past week while watching How I Met Your Mother, I actually noticed something the recapper had not. As I was watching the episode where Marshall and Lily are overbearing party hosts to a couples' night with Barney and Robin, I noticed something off about the calendar in Marshall's "It Was the Best Night Ever" video. The numbering was off for this week. I wondered via Twitter to recapper @CindyMcLennan why the dates were like that. She didn't know, but thought it peculiar enough to give me a shout-out in her recap. :D Eeee. I got name-checked on a website. That lots of people read. I'm famous, only not. At all. It's kind of like when I got honorable mention in that haiku contest for Psych haha. Ah, well. I still think it's cool. :) And now my fraction of a second of fame is immortalized forever in this post. And probably the TWoP archives. Provided they have archives...

No comments: