Pages

Monday, August 03, 2009

Summing Up

Damn! I'm getting bad at this again :(

I know I still haven't posted the pictures of my fun times out on July 17th. I'll get around to it eventually, haha. Believe me, it was really cool and dorky, and maybe a little creepy, but I wasn't there alone, so who am I to judge?

I finally finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It lost me a little in the middle but had a really cute ending. I want to read the others, but for some reason they're always hard to track down from the library. Probably because they're technically children's books, and we all know how children treat books (though, honestly, I didn't treat books poorly when I was little. I treated them like prizes, still do, which is probably why my stuff is always in good condition. Plus, I still do the Pineville Tuck, haha). Oh well. In high contrast, I think I might start reading Atlas Shrugged soon. It's supposed to be enlightening and earth-moving/shattering and inspiring and all that crap. I figured I'll be an adult and give it a go. But at 1,000+ pages... we'll have to see, haha. What I really want to read is Pride and Prejudice and Zombies haha. It seems really clever and funny. We'll see.

Oh! I also bought a new guitar on Friday. My old one was falling apart, and I was afraid to play him. The bridge was lifting, which for you non guitar-speakers, means that the wooden part that holds the strings on to the body of the guitar is starting to give way to the 300+ lbs of pressure exerted by the strings. It gives way all the way, and it'll rip off of the guitar with the force of... well... with a lot of force. I was starting to fear being smack in the face with the spring-action of the broken bridge, so I decided to go ahead and make a new investment. My new guitar is pretty. He's a vintage sunburst Epiphone PR150. I'll show you pics of that too :)

Otherwise, not much is up. I've been really into Hopes and Fears by the band Keane. If you don't know them, check them out. That album is awesome :)

That's all for now!
christina

No comments: