Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Most Amusing

Okay, I know it's kind of boring when I just post news stories, but this has got to be one of the most amusing stories I've read in a really really really long time.

A Nebraska state senator sued God last week. Yes, that's right: he sued God. Sen. Ernie Chambers has accused God of causing "widespread death, destruction, and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants." The Almighty is also alliterationally accused of causing "fearsome floods... horrendous hurricanes, [and] terrifying tornadoes."

The senator, apparently, was trying to prove his point that anyone can bring a lawsuit against anyone, and that the whole thing is getting a little out of hand, as we now have to deal with frivolous lawsuits left and right. Awesome idea. Really.

Click here for the whole ridiculous story. (note: the picture is especially ironic. I love it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Your blog makes me smile, too! And so do you! ~Amy

Breanne Crawford said...

damn it how i want to see the photo.

and i take back my stupidity from my last comment.

heck, it takes me awhile to catch up ;)